I don’t know about you but this time of year I have more energy. More creativity, more desire to grow something small into something big.
More desire to pontificate on topics I know others need to learn, as generous portions of reluctance to talk about oneself are served to me each day.
That’s why I am pleased to have a few coinciding events in my LinkedIn life coming up that get me a-flutter:
- The second edition of my book will be reviewed in the ABA Solo Small Firm and GP eReport soon.
- Today I embark on implementing the ABA’s marketing plan for the book in a zoom call with an in-house manager in their marketing department.
- I hired a PR expert for the book and my other events/ideas to bring more press and expert eyes to my work, and wow, she is full of energy and positive thoughtful ideas!
- Next a zoom call to coordinate efforts in the three events above.
- I will soon release 4 animated short videos, made for me (voiced-over by me too!), one for each aspect of my business. Everywhere I look I am seeing animation as a means of advertisement: memorable, colorful, active, and light-hearted. And to quote Lois Geller, in her 2012 article in Forbes, “Why a Brand Matters,” that I like to include in my educational sessions about “you as a brand” (and that you should read!):
If you’re going to develop your brand, the last thing you want to do is follow the beaten path. You want to head down your own road. Your brand has to plant itself in the hearts and minds (especially hearts) of prospects and customers.
6. I have a few upcoming events in which I am speaking virtually (soon I hope to get my head around sessions that I will appear in person…):
- Guest on the podcast “It’s Just Business” with Dana Dowdell (publication date TBD)
- Presenting “Legally LinkedIn” to the Burlington County (NJ) Bar Association 5/26/21 530pm
- Co-presenting “Ask Us Anything” for job seekers at the NY Public Library’s Business Library with my good friend Rob Thomas 6/14/21 500pm (simulcast on Facebook)
- Presenting “LinkedIn for Podcasters” at PodKnow 2021 conference 6/26/21 1000am
So I am busy collecting nectar and bringing the good stuff back to the hive to get you fellow bees busy too.
What’s your buzz these days that you want to share here?