Short and sweet (and I may have already said this, but I am amazed at how people make it difficult to contact them on LinkedIn), so it’s worth repeating:
- A mobile phone is most people’s preferred method of communicating.
- Accordingly your cell number should be listed in your LinkedIn profile Contact Details, not your office number.
- You cannot receive a text on your office number.
- That means for the portion of the professional world that texts for business, you are left out of the conversation.
- So don’t be an officephoneasaurus.
Make that change now.