- Tell us as soon as you start a new job: update us on your Home page that you have a new job, email address and phone number.
- Tell us about that new job in your Experience section, sketching out the job parameters: why you were selected and what you bring to the challenge. I know, you have no accomplishments yet, but tell us what you were just hired to do. Please refrain from copying and pasting your job description.
- Tell us when you published something, were quoted somewhere, you contributed to an article or a study. See my short video on this.
- Tell us when you read a great article by someone else that you think is worthy of sharing. Tell us why. Again, I have a short video on this topic.
- Tell us when you are preparing for a presentation: its title, audience, aim and venue. Keep “dripping” your preparation activity to keep the reader’s interest: a week or so ahead, the day before, and the day of. Perhaps a reader will hire you to speak at his/her next event.
These work. There are certainly others. Practice using them to keep readers’ eyes on your activity.
As I always say, “if you don’t tell us who will?”