I met the daughter of a colleague the other evening. She is not like a many of the other newly-graduated Millennials I come across.
She impressed me in a number of ways.
- One was with her mature view on her job search: she knows it’s not going to be easy, but she knows what she wants.
- Second: her easy and self-confident way of articulating what skills she already possesses and brings to the entry-level position in the nonprofit sector she seeks
- Another: she adroitly asked me to network her to some of my nonprofit sector colleagues for informational interviews
- Really good: her shortened LinkedIn URL appears on her business card (even that she has a card is great!).
- Better than really good: she has a well-executed and cogent LinkedIn personal profile.
I am impressed. I am referring her to the best of the best in my world. She deserves it.
Oh, BTW, is your shortened Linkedin URL on your bizcard?